SUP Yoga on the Dam
Time & Location
About The Event
Got balance and core? Try out a yoga session on a paddle board!
Our SUP boards are wide, long and stable and are excellently suited for a variety of yoga poses. Practicing on the boards requires a higher than normal engagement of core strength and encourages a mindful and slower approach to your normal practice. The surrounding water, nature and gentle movements of the board all add to the experience.
Every session will start with a short instruction on how to stay stable on the boards. We then paddle across to the other side of the dam where the SUP boards are anchored and the group will move through a 60 minute yoga practice which will be suitable for all levels of practitioners (with a sense of adventure!). We will start with poses that involve sitting/kneeling/lying down on the boards, followed by a bit of core strengthening and some standing poses and variations (and for the brave some optional balancing poses!). Every session will end with a delicious relaxation, lying on your back floating on the board. After the yoga session everyone gets some free time, you can paddle around the dam (one lap is 1km) or you can experiment with some more yoga poses on the board.
All equipment is supplied by our partners at Canoe Concepts.
You need to be able to swim and be comfortable in the water for this activity.
- Cost: 250 ZAR/person per 90 min session - if you have your own board join us for R150.
- Venue: Dabulamanzi Canoe Club, Emmarentia Dam
- Participants: maximum 12 per session
- Bring: water, sunscreen, swimming gear (or normal yoga clothes that can get a bit wet), cap, if you have one a watertight container or bag
- SUP Yoga on the DamZAR 250ZAR 250